Any typos you see is because of my auto correct on my iPad and the fact that I’m too lazy to go over it and check it myelf IM APOLOGIZING IN ADVANCE.
Basically a lot of people ask what brand should they buy. I had a similar question which was… “Is copic markers worth it?” So basically this are MY opinion on when you should purchase copics and when you should purchase prismas. I have over 100 prismas and about 90 or so copics so I think I have enough to be able to tell people when to get each brand …so here goes
1. Prismacolor markers are not just an entry marker like some people say. They are professionally quality (artist quality) just like copics. You can achieve high results with these.
2. Prismacolor markers can be a lot cheaper depending where you get them (don’t buy them in expensive stores like michaels)
WHY SHOULD YOU consider BUYING THESE?
1. If you are looking to save money.
2. Are on a budget.
3.You don’t use markers that often.
4.If you know a place that sales these about at least a few bucks cheaper than copics. ( I can get my prismas for about 2-3 US dollars)
5.You’re art work is purely for your own enjoyment.
6.You are aware that you can exten the life of your marker with rubbing or isopropyl alcohol (yes this is true)
7.You are just trying out markers and normally use other mediums.
WHY SHOULD YOU consider BUYING COPICS?
Prismas are great but the smell bothers me, with that said…..
1. You need or want marker with low odor. Partly why I bought copics is that I wanted markers that I could take around that wouldn’t stink.
2. Your main medium is markers
3. You need markers to be refillable and last a lifetime
4. Money is not an object. Either you can afford them or someone else is willing to get them for you.
CONS FOR PRISMAS MARKERS
1.Slight annoying odor.some people it won’t bother though.
2. The don’t offer refills or nib replacements
3. Depending on what store you go to they are now not much cheaper than copics.
1. Can be found in almost all art stores
CONS FOR COPICS
1. Expensive, expensive,expensive
2. Often if stores have copics they don’t sell refills so you have to go to other sources to get the whole system.
1.They are one of the best art markers money can buy
I will probably not be buying too many markers in the future because I have a lot. With that said I’m currently working on an abstract project and I’m using both my Prismacolors and Copics…HELLO PEOPLE ,YOU CAN ALWAYS BUY BOTH!